The manuscript should be an original research paper which sufficiently contributes novelty to Education and Learning. Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically by using the Melior : Jurnal Riset Pendidikan dan Pembelajaran Indonesia online submission procedure. The corresponding author should also provide statement that the manuscript is not concurrently being under consideration for publication elsewhere. The Editors will ignore submissions that do not follow these procedures.
Structure of the manuscripts
- Title.The title should be clear and informative
- Author's names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's institutions and email addresses, without any academic title. For a joint paper, one of the authors should be notified as the corresponding author.
- Abstract, keywords, and MRBM classification numbers. The abstract should be less than 150 words. Please provide the abstract in both English and Indonesian versions. The key words should be of 3 to 5 words or phrases. Please provide at least one Melior : Jurnal Riset Pendidikan dan Pembelajaran Indonesia classification number that suits your manuscript.
- Introduction.This section explains the background of the study, a review on the previous researches in the area, and aims of the manuscripts. Importantly it should also show the significance and novelty of the research.
- Methods.This section describes the appropriate tools of analysis along with the data and their sources.
- Results and Discussion.This section explains the results of the study. It should be presented clearly and concisely. Author(s) should explore the novelty or the contribution of the work to the economics literature.
- Conclusion.This section concludes and provides policy implications, if any, of the study. The conclusion(s) should be at the same order with ones discussed in the body of the manuscript.
- Acknowledgments (Optional)
- References.This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred to in the body of the manuscript.
General Writing Format
- The manuscript is prepared in a A4 paper with 11 font size Times News Roman font, single-sided, and single line spacing format as in the template.
- The manuscript is written in Indonesia and English.
- The research article should contain title, author’s name(s), affiliation/institution, abstract, keywords, PACS, introduction, method, results and discussion, conclusion and suggestion, acknowledgment, and references.
- The review article contains title, author’s name(s), affiliation/institution, abstract, keywords, PACS, introduction, discussion, conclusion, acknowledgment, and references.
- The manuscript should be between 7 to 15 pages long.
- The top and bottom margins are 1.18" inch.
- The title is written using capital letters only at first word or special name (example: location name), 16 font size, center position.
- Sub titles are written using capital letters only at first word or special name and 11 font size
- Sub of sub titles, if any, are written using capital letters only at first word or special name. They should be started from the left margin.
- Sub of sub of sub titles, if any, are written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words. They should be started from the left margin.
- References should be those of the last ten years publication (>80%), except for key references (80%). Referring to any textbook should be minimized (<20%).
Specific Writing Format
- Equations and formula should be numbered as (1), (2)...etc appearing to their right.
- Estimation results from a software package are not allowed to be directly presented in the paper. They should be presented in summary tables.
Tables and Figures
Tables and figures should be presented as follows:
- The name of tables and figures should follow a numbering system. The title of the tables and figures are placed at the top and the bottom respectively.
- The tables and figures should provide the source of information, if any, at the bottom.
- Any table should contain only heading and contents. The table contains row lines only without column lines. Note(s) and source(s) should be included underneath the table where appropriate.
Subjects and Authors Index
The authors should provide an index of subject, namely the specific terms in the manuscript. The authors should also provide the index of authors, namely the key authors of papers referred in the manuscript. Please write the family name followed by the given name.
Citation in the text body should be written using the family name and years of publication. Example:
- Hill (2001) suggests that the objective of depreciation is ....
- Inflation targeting would be sufficient (McCain, 1982).
- The definition of contagion is ... (Wagner, 1976; Rhonda 2009).
- The Authors are recommended to use Mendeley Reference software.
The manuscript is expected to involve approximately 20-25 primary and up-to-date references to assert high quality contributions to the knowledge development. Citations and references must strictly follow the APA (American Psychological Association) style. References should include only works that are cited within the text of the manuscript. Consulting the APA style manual (http://www.apastyle.org/pubmanual.html) is strongly recommended for completing manuscript submissions.
References should appear as:
Book with one author:
Author, A. A. (2005). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Book with two authors:
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (2005). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Book with more than two authors:
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (2005). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Ruchba, S. M., & Suhada, F. (2015). The impact of regional autonomy and monetary crisis on economic growth in Yogyakarta. Economic Journal of Emerging Markets, 7 (3), 60-68.
A publication in press:
Kuncoro, H. (in press). Does the sustainable fiscal policy foster its credibility? Economic Journal of Emerging Markets.
Gregoriou, G. N. (Ed.). (2009). Emerging Markets: Performance, Analysis, and Innovation. Florida, USA: CRC Press.
Chapter in an edited book:
Courant, P. N., Gramlich, E. M., & Rubinfeld, D. L. (1979). The stimulative effects of intergovernmental grants: or why money sticks where it hits. In P. Mieszkowski, & W. H. Oakland (Ed.), Fiscal Federalism and Grants-in-Aid (pp. 5-21). Washington, DC: The Urban Institute.
Prasetyo, P. E., Sudarma, K., & Sulaha, A.S. (2014). Economic policy impact on competitiveness and efficiency of textile industry in central Java. Economic Journal of Emerging Markets, 6 (2), 85-95. Retrieved August 23, 2016, from http://journal.uii.ac.id/index.php/JEP/issue/view/417
Unpublished doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis: Mosquera, C. M. R. (2009). Essays on Economic Growth, Financial Integration and Exchange Rates. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Altinbas, H., & Biskin, O.T. (2015). Selecting macroeconomic influences on stock markets by using feature selection algorithms. In E. Hromada (Ed.), IISES 3rd and 4th Economics and Finance Conference: Vol. 30. Procedia Economics and Finance (pp. 22-29). London: International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
A presented paper:
Lagos, Ricardo. (2009, October). Asset Prices, Liquidity, and Monetary Policy in an Exchange Economy. Paper presented at the Annual Economic Policy Conference of the FRB of St. Louis: "Debt, Financial Markets, and Monetary Policy", Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, US.
Manuscript should be prepared according to the following MS Word template (click here)
How to send the manuscript
- The manuscript in microsoft word should be sent to the editor by clicking Online Submission tab on our Website.
- A brief bio that contains full name, academic title, institution, telephone, mobile number, and others should be written in the fields of data when registering online in the website submission.
Taking into account the results of the peer reviewing process, the decision as to the acceptability of each manuscript for publication will be notified to the author(s) through the website system in the following alternative conclusions:
a. Accepted without revision, or
b. Accepted with minor revision, or
c. Accepted with major revision, or